Thursday, July 30, 2015

Asian Style Spicy Pork

So I recently found a recipe for a spicy pork loin meal that sounded delish!  I gave it a try and instantly we were hooked and it became an easy go-to dinner that I know we both would enjoy (spicy pork nights = soup dinner for my daughter, its far too spicy!)


I made several alterations to the original recipe found HERE.  I have made this many times and changed a few things to fit our family's taste.

Ingredients:
  • 1 extra lean pork loin, 2.0lbs - 2.5lbs
  • Sriracha
  • soy sauce
  • black pepper
  • barbeque sauce
  • sugar
  • chopped garlic
  • sesame oil
  • ground ginger


Step 1: We're going to make the marinade that we will let the pork soak in for an hour or so.  I like to use a large gallon-sized Ziploc bag to marinade most things.  So to start, I like to measure and place the ingredients right into the bag, ready for when we slice up the pork.

Marinade:
  • 3tbs Sriracha
  • 3tbs soy sauce
  • 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Clean up the pork, remove any excess fat and icky parts (yes, that's a technical term).  Cut into even thin slices approx. 1/4" thick, to ensure even cooking.  Place into the bag with the marinade.  Shake, squish, and stir around to get an even coating.  Place in the fridge if you have an hour or so to let it soak in.  If you're in a hurry (as I typically am, with a busy lifestyle) I just set on the counter for a few minutes while I prep Step 2.



Step 2: Were going to make the super spicy sauce that will give it the extra kick! I like to use a medium sized bow and a whisk to stir all ingredients after they're added.  We like ours extra saucy, so you can cut down on the amount of Sriracha and soy sauce if you'd like.  

6tbs Sriracha
5tbs soy sauce
1tbs barbecue sauce
1tbs sugar
4tsp chopped garlic
1/2tsp ground ginger
1/2tsp sesame oil

Give it a stir and set aside.


Step 3:  Were going to cook up our pork.  I like to use olive oil, but you can use whatever oil you're used to.  I cook on medium high heat, to get it nice and seared, browned and cooked through.  With the larger portion, I like to cook separately in two batches.  Cook and brown the first batch, remove and place in a bowl - set aside.  Add a little more oil, heat up and cook through.




Place all of the cooked pork back into the pan, throw the mixed sauce on top, stir, and heat thoroughly another 1-2 minutes.  We like to serve on top of white rice for a delicious complete meal.  Don't forget the extra napkins and tissues to wipe off the sweat!  Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment