Saturday, July 25, 2015

Fly Away With Me, Tinker Bell 10k

Who doesn't love a Run Disney race?  If you haven't been fortunate enough to experience the joy that is running through Disneyland / Walt Disney World, then I am sorry, my friend.  This is my second year participating in the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend. 

I participated in the Never Land 5k back in 2014 with my friend Lelaina:

 
 
We had an amazing time, but I was determined to run the 10k in 2015 because, quite frankly, the 5k goes really fast!  As we all know, I'm not the speediest runner, but I wanted to enjoy the experience for longer than 33 minutes.

So of course I was excited to put together my running gear to be as Tinker Bell-like as I could be.


The start of the run is really fun and exciting.  Run Disney doesn't take any shortcuts into making the whole running experience magical.  Even the entertainment at the start was fun!



The on-course entertainment and the run through the parks is my favorite part (of course).  I stopped at every photo opportunity to take part in all of the fun.  I mean, who actually pays $100+ to run through Disneyland as fast as they can?! I want to soak up every magical minute!




The run was so much fun!  I loved every minute and every mile.  As someone who has run both the 5k and 10k, I would definitely recommend signing up for the 10k!  I am all set to run the Disneyland Half Marathon in September - my first half marathon.  I couldn't imagine experiencing my first half marathon without a Run Disney medal at the end!



Who else will be participating in the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend this September?

No comments:

Post a Comment