Thursday, August 6, 2015

US Open of Surfing Weekend; HB, Ca

This past weekend was the final weekend of the 2015 Vans US Open of Surfing in Huntington Beach, Ca.  Luckily the bf's house (AKA our "beach house") is just a few blocks away.  This is also where I often run along the beach to get the gorgeous scenery and perfect overcasty weather in the mornings. 



I went for my normal morning run and got in a great 5 miles Saturday morning.  The crowds were crazy, as expected, but nothing I haven't seen before, and nothing I couldn't manage to run around!


After my run, and a hearty breakfast, we decided to throw on some sunscreen and head down to check out the festivities.

 

There were a few vendor tents set up, a huge pop-up Vans store with exclusive merch, tons of giveaways, and of course, seating to watch the surfing or skate / BMX competitions.  We first checked out the store, which had a ton of cool merchandise.  Next we stopped off for free food - awesome!



Before heading off, we took a seat in the stands to watch some skate practice and enjoyed the events.


It was blazing hot and quite frankly, I was ready to go back home and relax for the rest of the afternoon.  Overall it was a super fun event with tons to do, lots of people watching, and who doesn't love free food.  Yay!  Congrats to all of the amazing athletes and winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment