Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Lexus LaceUp Irvine

 
How was your weekend?  I had a great weekend, kicking off the Lexus LaceUp Running Series on Saturday in Irvine, Ca.  The event offered a 5k and 10k course.  I didn't want to over commit, with a recent busy life change, so I decided to sign up for the fast, fun, 5k!

As always, I laid out Flat Jessie for the run, my basic, comfortable favorite running gear:


We arrived just before the race began and fell into place.  The event set up was really organized and nice.  It wasn't overly crowded but it was well organized and well laid out.  We were off to a great start - I left the gate forgetting to sync my watch, so it was slightly off during the whole run!  Here's an awesome picture of me staring at my wrist trying to sync the gps lol



The 5k course was pretty fun and easy to run with just a few short hills that included incline and decline areas.  Overall it was a fun easy course (unlike that killer RFAC run around Fashion Island last month).

I started to approach the finish line and my handsome photographer had already finished, so he was awaiting my arrival to take some epic photos of me finishing :)

 
 
 
 
Woohoo! Finished!




 
It was a great small scale event!  The registration included a tech tee, the great run, awesome medals, a free lunch and a Sierra Nevada beer!  I mean, it was well worth the cost of the event, I would highly recommend attending any of the other southern California events - Ventura, Palos Verdes, and Riverside!  If I am available I will be signing up to run one of their other events!
 
After the event we headed over to the OC Auto Show for a few hours to check out the new 2016 cars - viewing the new Lexus cars at the event gave us the extra push to attend.  I love checking out the new cars and had a great time!  How was your weekend?  Did you run the LaceUp event or visit the auto show!?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment