Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Race for the Cure 2015 + The Beach

So I completed my third annual Race for the Cure, Orange County September 27th.  I had been introduced to volunteering for the Race for the Cure through my former life as a sorority girl in Zeta Tau Alpha.

So, I laid out my gear in prep of the running day, as usual.


The Race for the Cure 5k was the first official race that I had signed up for, three years ago.  It holds a special place in my life because breast cancer has changed the lives of friends, family members, and others in my life.  I find the women inspiring and uplifting and love to support these strong women and supporters.


This year I ran in celebration of my Aunt Sandee, also known as Boppee, and my BFF Ashley's grandmother Phyllis.  Both have fought, survived, and are thriving after their BC diagnosis.


I had my wonderful man with me, supporting me, waiting for me to finish up the run, and out collecting the cool swag :)


I was also able to meet up with my friend Krista, and some of her other friends who all run this race every year!


It was hot as hell - seriously I felt like passing out.  And clearly forgot to put on sunscreen!


After that, we went home, spent the afternoon relaxing and took a little walk to the beach, which is always fun and relaxing.  How did you guys spend your weekend?  Were you there as well, did you go to the beach too?

No comments:

Post a Comment