Monday, November 2, 2015

I've Got the Runs

Okay, not literally.  Well, maybe literally.  This week has been trying, as you may or may not have read in my last blog post here.  So what does that make me do?  It makes me desperately try to keep myself busy and surround myself with positive, uplifting people and running.  All. The. Running.



I signed myself up for my first trail run.  It is this weekend, local, and free (yay)!  It is the Rock It Racing event on Saturday morning.  I haven't run a trail run before, and I might already be regretting it.


I will be doing two conditioning runs this week, along with my normal Tues / Thurs Yoga to help me prepare for the hilly torture.  Fingers crossed I will love this event and may be signing up for some others.  You can be sure I will be updating you all on my experience!


I also got another email about the Hollywood Half Marathon for 2016.  They were offering $20 off the 5k, 10k, and Half runs.  So I reached out to two of my runner friends from high school - my BFF Ashley and Loren - to join me on this run.  Luckily they were both up for the 10k, so we signed up.  We decided to run as a team, and hopefully may get (sucker) a few other HS friends to run with us.  It will be like our 12 year reunion!  We are team We've Got The Runs.  Oh god, we may regret this.  But we wont be regretting running our little legs off for this beauty!


The three of us are excited to run down Hollywood Blvd together again (we drove to Hollywood once when we were a mere 18 years old and had the wildest time).  I can't wait to run this event, it looks like so much fun!



Is anyone else running either of these events?  Have any tips for my first trail run?

No comments:

Post a Comment